Tuesday, April 16, 2013

MINE!


 
I read the book Mine! by Kevin Luthardt.  this book is about twin boys that get a box in the mail from grandma.  when the boys open the box they found out that grandma only sent one toy!  the boys fight and fight about the toy until they end up ripping it! so mom send them to their room.  she calls them down for lunch, when the boys get to the table they see that their toy is fixed.  at the end they learn to share.

I would use this book to show the children that we need to share.  they will see if we all share they will all be happy, and the toys will stay in better shape.  I think this is a great book to use in the classroom for students to read when ever they want.  the only thing about this book is that the only word in here is mine so the pictures is what really tells the story. 

6 comments:

  1. This book is adorable, I really like the illustrations on the cover and can imagine what the inside of the book looks like. I really think this book would be easily understood for young children and just like you said teach them a lesson about sharing. Sibling always have trouble sharing and that is the most important idea you have to teach the children especially while they are young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really great book! I know that anyone who has siblings can probably relate to this story. It's important for all children to learn how to share, and this looks like a good book for teaching that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book list is really interesting. This moral would be especially helpful in younger classrooms, since a lot of children are still unwilling to share. It would relate to most children since most everyone has siblings. This book also would help children in drawing conclusions on their own, being led by the pictures, instead of being told everything which is great for their reasoning and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this book sounds exactly like me and my cousin and me and my sister. i am older than both of them and i always thought everything was mine because i was older. we would fight and end up realizing that it wasn't worth it. i really like the moral of this book and seems applicable to younger classrooms. Even if people don't have siblings they still need to learn how to share, so this book would be great for every child to read or listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks like a great book to read to siblings. Sharing is such a hard concept for most children. I know that as the oldest in my family it took a very long time to share. This also seems like a great book for in the class at the beginning of the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be a book I would definitely use in my classroom now! I think especially this generation of kids aren't greatly socialized and rarely have to share their toys, so sharing becomes a real issue. This would be great to read to a class or to siblings!

    ReplyDelete